My favorite time of the year is finally here and it’s time to do some spring cleaning! I am “one of those” who loves to clean at any moment of the day! I wanted to share my yearly spring cleaning checklist with you, As a REALTOR® and Clean-freak myself, I notice more than the average person when I walk into a home. Aside-from your weekly cleaning schedule, here are a few things to dive deeper into for spring cleaning and My FAVORITE products that make for light work!
#1 Must Do
Hire a professional to get your a/c serviced! Here in Florida our A/C works the hardest during the summer. So a good tune-up in the Spring should leave us with a nice clean running a/c all summer long! This shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg and we’ve got a trusted local professional we know you’ll LOVE❤️ working with! Call Andrew’s Air Conditioning at 386-492-1709 or visit them at http://andrews-air.com/.
#2 Get The Right Tools For The Job
Just like starting any project, having the right tools is the first step so I’ve put together a list that’s full of my favorite must-have supplies and cleaning tools.
- Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop and Bucket System
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Variety Pack – 9 Count
- Scrub Daddy Sponge Set 3ct
- Sprayway SW053R Ammonia-Free Glass Cleaner
- Dawn Powerwash Starter Kits, Dish Spray, Dish Detergent
- Lysol Bleach Free Hydrogen Peroxide Multi-purpose Cleaner
#3 The Checklists
Follow this list every spring to make sure your home not only looks great, but is also germ free and well maintained throughout your time owning it.
General Cleaning Items:
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds
- Wipe windows down
- Wipe down baseboards and shoe molding and dust corners
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet handles and light switches
- Wipe down your microwave and other small appliances
- Empty the crumb tray in your toaster and toaster oven
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer
- Clean refrigerator shelves (they may fit in the dishwasher!)
- Clean behind and beneath the refrigerator (those coils get dusty!)
- Clean your oven and scrub the stovetop
- Clear out cabinets and wipe down the shelves
- Sanitize the inside of your sink guard
- Take out trash and hose-out your trash cans
- Organize drawers and closets (donate any clothes that you didn’t wear!)
- Wash bedding and pillows
- Rotate your mattresses
- Disinfect all kids toys
- Organize cabinets and drawers, wipe them down!!
- Properly dispose of old medicine and toiletries
- Scrub the shower and bathtub best cleaning product for this is Dawn Power wash and the Scrub Daddy sponge!
- Wash shower curtains, towels and bathmats
- Scrub the toilet and tile around the toilet
- Clean your keyboard and wipe computer down
- Disinfect your computer mouse and phone
- Disinfect remotes
- Do a deep dust of the back of your tvs
- Remove furniture cushions and vacuum crevasses
- Wipe down any furniture legs
- Clean behind the washer and dryer
- Thoroughly clean the lint traps in your dryer AND washer
- Remove everything from your garage and reorganize (is it time for a sale?)
- Wipe down and sweep the front porch and door! Is it time for a new door mat?
- Pressure wash your deck and outdoor furniture
- Hose-out your garbage can and recycling bins
- Sweep and hose-off your garage floor
- Remove window screens and wash them GENTLY with a soapy sponge and water (I also use Dawn Power wash for this)
- Wash the outside of your windows before replacing your window screens
Want to receive more tips, tricks, and insights about your home like this? Click below to sign up for my weekly newsletter that’s all about our homes, pets, and Downtown Orlando living 🏡